- Good news is that I have a ton of transcription work. Bad news is that I have a ton of transcription work and I just spent the entire day typing. And then Boo wants me to read him a story at bedtime. And then hubby and him go through a tortuously slow bedtime ritual which I interrupt cause I just want to get it over with cause I’m still not finished working.
- I’m on set tomorrow. Yay!
- I’ve been bothered a lot lately by a few bodily irritations that are highly annoying and most likely related to my nether regions not responding like they used to due to hormonal swings. Another is that my hips are aching ever since I went jogging downhill a few months ago and my hip flexors still hurt (despite epsom salt baths and stretching).
- I gave up coffee for about 10 days or so because I have developed an embarrassing problem with my back end (ahem). It’s a bit overactive and irritated for some reason particularly after I have a bowel movement. I know caffeine can be a harsh on the bowels but I really don’t drink a lot and I never had this problem before. So I tried giving up the one cup a day I had. It helped a little bit but the problem didn’t really resolve totally. Tried water with lemon and green tea which was a bit better but not cured. I talked to my doctor about it and she did a quick exam, but found nothing out of the ordinary. I may have to go back but other than the usual wait for an appointment with a specialist, I will continue add more fibre to my diet. I would hate to go to a specialist after a 2 month wait only to hear that I need Metamucil or something like that. I’ve never needed a fibre supplement in my life.
- Speaking of diets, I’m back on the evil sugar train again. Arrgh, I give it up every morning and back on it every night. I got my period today so that explains that binge. My skin is also looking like crap so I’m upping my water intake again.
- Money is tight but I need to go back to the gym, so as soon as school starts again, I`m back to the rec centre. I’m working and paying for it and I need to make my well being a priority. Not asking permission, not “is it okay if I,…?” Nope.
- I got my hair done earlier this month! Back to single braids. Cost me more than I was quoted but no tip for her, I’m afraid cause I had to put gas in the truck. I have to admit, it really lifted my mood! I felt like I had my groove back!
- I got carded at the liquor store.
- I finished a book! The Secret of Magic by Deborah Johnson. This is a miracle!
- Just paid $2K to get the damn truck brakes fixed. Yup, no choice, there was that telltale shimmy on the highway. Just when I was making headway on my credit card. Thanks for that.
- Did I mention we just managed to pay rent this month?
- Times are a little tough, but I am determined to overcome all obstacles.
The Eight Winds
Worthy persons deserve to be called so because they are not carried away by the eight winds: prosperity, decline, disgrace, honour, praise, censure, suffering and pleasure. They are neither elated by prosperity nor grieved by decline. The heavenly gods will surely protect one who is unbending before the eight winds. But if you nurse an unreasonable grudge against your lord, they will not protect you, not for all your prayers.
(Passage from “The Eight Winds”, The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p794)