It’s been a little crazy around here…
- lots of auditions, callbacks, positive feedback and….crickets.
- Yes, I went to another hairdresser, one I had used years ago and she gave me exactly what I wanted! Finally! And hubby was insistent he pay for it. Yes, he did not like the previous handiwork at all and I noticed the definite lack of compliments from anyone.
- a fabulous evening at an award show. My girlfriend helped me find a lovely, cranberry red sequin Ralph Lauren sequin dress. On sale! Awesome. And a black dress with a little bit of sequins. Since I couldn’t make up my mind, I bought both, but really 2 glamorous Ralph Lauren dresses for $200? I just had to. Hubby liked the black one, but really, how many opportunities am I going to get like this? So I chose the red one – even Boo advised me that it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, it’s what I want to wear. Let’s face I already stand out in a crowd, so why not go all the way. Sadly I did not win, nor did our show win any awards. But I had an really fun night out. And my hair looked great.
- Hubby had minor surgery for a pilonidal cyst. He was doing quite well until he fell off his hoverboard (I know, I know, what made him think that was a great idea?!) chasing after our son (who thanks to his generous uncle, now has a damn hoverboard too!) So needless to say sitting through a long evening was not that much fun for him. But he did it and I’m glad he was there.
- The paperwork for Mum’s estate is just about done. And then of course, I find out the government takes 17 weeks to get a tax clearance certificate issued. WTF? I’m going back to the lawyers to make sure we get an early disbursement done. I can’t take this shit anymore. I just want it over and done with. You have no idea how much time and aggravation that has been. For the love of Pete, please make sure your parents have a will done!
- My whole goal last week was to attend the award show and be victorious no matter what – and I was!